Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to participate, Rewards and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Registration to participate in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Participant. Registration is via Internet only.
2. Promotion commences at 12:00pm (AEST) on 18/4/2012 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 17/4/2013 (Promotional Period). The Promotional Period will be divided into quarters as set out below for the purpose of redeeming Rewards and awarding prizes in this promotion (each, a Promotional Quarter). The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Start date and time
End date and time
12:00pm (AEST) 18/4/2012
11:59pm (AEST) 17/7/2012
12:00am (AEST) 18/7/2012
11:59pm (AEDT) 17/10/2012
12:00am (AEDT) 18/10/2012
11:59pm (AEDT) 17/1/2013
12:00am (AEDT) 18/1/2013
11:59pm (AEST) 17/4/2013
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE
3. Participation in the promotion is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who: (a) are current retail employees of participating retailers listed on www.turnontoasus.com; (b) remain employed in this capacity for the duration of the Promotional Period; and (c) in the event they are the Travel Prize winner, are able to travel to and remain in Paris, France to participate in the Travel Prize as set out in Conditions 19 and 20 (Participants).
HOW TO EARN POINTS
4. To participate in the promotion, Participants must, during the Promotional Period, register online on the eLearning website www.turnontoasus.com (eLearning Website) by fully and correctly completing and successfully submitting the online registration form in the manner required, including providing their full name, residential address, current and valid email address, mobile phone number and the participating retail store name at which they are employed. By submitting a valid registration, the Participant will automatically earn one hundred (100) points.
5. To earn additional points, Participants must, during a Promotional Quarter, successfully complete in full any one (1) or more eLearning modules for that Promotional Quarter made available on the eLearning Website, including correctly answering the bonus question at the end of selected modules (each, a Module). Participants will automatically earn one hundred (100) points for each Module successfully completed during the applicable Promotional Quarter.
6. Early Bird Offer: Participants who register and complete Modules between 12:00pm (AEST) on 18/4/2012 and 11:59pm (AEST) on 29/5/2012 (inclusive) (Early Bird Period) will have the opportunity to earn double points. Participants will automatically earn two hundred (200) points for successful registration and will earn two hundred (200) points for each Module successfully completed during the Early Bird Period. The bonus points will appear against the Participant’s online points total. The bonus points will be treated as regular points for the purpose of this promotion and may be used to redeem Rewards in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
7. Bonus Module Offer: Participants who, during a Promotional Quarter, complete the one (1) specified ‘bonus’ Module for that Promotional Quarter made available on the eLearning Website will have the opportunity to answer in twenty-five (25) words or less the promotional question specified for that Promotional Quarter and enter the corresponding prize judging. Completion of the ‘bonus’ Module will earn the Participant one hundred (100) points to be treated as regular points for the purpose of this promotion and which may be used to redeem Rewards in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. If the ‘bonus’ Module is completed within the Early Bird Period, the Participant will earn two hundred (200) points.
8. Only one (1) registration per person permitted. Any subsequent registration after the first valid registration is received will be deemed invalid. Modules will be updated every Promotional Quarter and each Participant is only able to claim points for each Module once. Any subsequent attempt to claim points for the same Module after a Participant has successfully completed it will be invalid. Points earned during a given Promotional Quarter WILL accumulate with other points earned in subsequent Promotional Quarters (if any).
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected registrations or recordings of completed Modules. Registrations and recordings of completed Modules received will be considered final by the Promoter. Registrations and recordings of completed Modules will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not the time of transmission. Incorrect, incomplete, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible registrations or recordings of completed Modules will be ineligible. Contact details entered incorrectly on the eLearning Website by a Participant will deem a registration invalid.
HOW TO CLAIM REWARDS
10. Participants may use their accumulated points to redeem the following items (in the manner set out in Conditions 11 and 12) subject to the item’s availability and in accordance with each item’s point value as stated below and listed on the eLearning Website (Rewards):
(i) 100x Seashell mouse valued at $19.00RRP each – 200 points each;
(ii) 100x Crosslink valued at $70.00RRP each – 400 points each;
(iii) 50x Matte bag valued at $99.00RRP each – 600 points each;
(iv) 50x Gaming bag valued at $169.00RRP each – 800 points each; and
(v) 100x Lamborghini bag valued at $199.00RRP each – 1,000 points each.
11. Participants who have accumulated a sufficient amount of points to enable redemption of Rewards in accordance with these Conditions of Entry may, during the Promotional Period or otherwise by the close date specified on the eLearning Website, log on to the eLearning Website and follow the prompts of the online claim process in the manner required to select their Reward(s) from the relevant range of Rewards that the Participant is qualified to redeem as set out in Condition 10. Participants may redeem Rewards at any time during the Promotional Period but may choose to accumulate points over time in order to redeem Rewards of higher value.
12. All online claim forms submitted by the Participant must be received by the Promoter by 11:59pm (AEST) on 17/4/2013, otherwise the Participant will no longer be eligible to claim a Reward and all remaining points will expire and be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the date for redeeming Rewards in its sole discretion and any extension of the redemption period will be specified on the eLearning Website. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected claims. Claims received will be considered final by the Promoter. Claims will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not the time of transmission. Incorrect, incomplete, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible claims will be ineligible. Rewards will be dispatched by the Promoter to the Participant’s residential address nominated on the online registration form within thirty (30) days of receipt of a valid claim by the Promoter.
13. Total potential Reward pool value is up to $42,200.00. Rewards are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Rewards must be taken by each Participant as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Reward value. All Reward values are the recommended retail price including GST.
14. The precise number of the Rewards stated above is subject to change and will be determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. Any changes to the Rewards will be specified on the eLearning Website. If any Reward or element of a Reward becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a similar Reward or Reward element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu.
15. Unallocated Rewards remaining unclaimed at the end of the Promotional Period may be awarded to staff or loyal customers of the Promoter or to Participants in a manner to be determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
HOW TO ENTER A PRIZE JUDGING
16. Participants who, in the manner required, register on the eLearning Website as set out in Condition 4 and complete the ‘bonus’ Module and submit an answer to the promotional question for a Promotional Quarter as set out in Condition 7 will automatically gain an entry into the prize judging for that Promotional Quarter. For each Promotional Quarter, all valid entries will be judged by a panel of appropriately qualified judges within seven (7) days of the end of the Promotional Quarter at Unit 6, 112-118 Talavera Road, North Ryde NSW 2113 to determine one (1) winner judged to be the best from all eligible entries received for that Promotional Quarter. All eligible entries will be judged on a basis of originality and creative merit of the answer to the promotional question. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winners will be notified in writing and will be published on the eLearning Website. All reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results of the prize judging will be taken by the Promoter. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Only one (1) entry per person for each Promotional Quarter accepted. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received for a Promotional Quarter will be deemed invalid. Entries for a given Promotional Quarter will NOT rollover into the judging for a subsequent Promotional Quarter (if any). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not the time of transmission. Incorrect, incomplete, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
18. The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an entry is in the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, obscene, crude or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers may infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity will not be accepted as an eligible entry into the promotion. This includes but is not limited to any entry, which the Promoter considers to be disparaging of any of its or any prize supplier’s products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the promotion.
19. Promotional Quarter 1: The entry judged to be the best from all eligible entries received in Promotional Quarter 1 will win one (1) travel prize to Paris, France for the winner and one (1) companion aged 18 years or older, valued at up to $11,250.00 (Travel Prize). The Travel Prize comprises of the following components:
(i) two (2) adult return economy airfares to Paris, France from the Australian capital city airport closest to the ordinary residential address of the winner (inclusive of airfare related taxes and charges);
(ii) five (5) nights minimum four (4) star accommodation at a hotel nominated by the Promoter in its sole discretion in Paris, France (double share) (or similar); and
(iii) AUD$500.00 spending money for the winner only provided by EFT into the winner’s nominated bank account or cheque made payable to the winner.
20. The Travel Prize must be booked within ninety (90) days after winner notification, finalised at least sixty (60) days prior to departure and travelled in full by 30/9/2013, otherwise the Travel Prize is forfeited. It is a condition of accepting the Travel Prize that the winner and their companion (if any) must sign a legal release(s) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and return the signed release(s) to the Promoter within six (6) weeks of winner notification.
21. Redemption of the Travel Prize is subject to availability and may be dependent on travel class availability, specific room category availability and travel ‘blackout’ periods applying (including school holidays and public holidays). The Travel Prize is a single event holiday and all components of the Travel Prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited. The winner and their companion (if any) must travel together and depart from and return to the same departure point and stay at the same accommodation. The winner and their companion (if any) may not accrue frequent flyer points. Any extension or variation of the travel and/or accommodation dates nominated by the Promoter will be at the cost and responsibility of the winner and their companion (if any) and will incur a fee of $150.00 per person plus any additional prize supplier charges. No extension or variation of the travel and/or accommodation dates nominated by the Promoter permitted within seven (7) days of departure. Use of the Travel Prize and any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the Travel Prize may be subject to prevailing prize supplier terms and conditions of use. The Travel Prize cannot be used in conjunction with travel discounts or special offers. Travel and accommodation are to be arranged by a licensed travel agent nominated by the Promoter and 33 Degrees Worldwide Pty Ltd.
22. All additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Travel Prize, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion (if any). Such additional costs include, but are not limited to, meals, beverages, room service, telephone calls, laundry services, spending money, transport to and from airport departure point, other transfers, taxes including arrival and departure taxes (if applicable) but excluding airfare related taxes and charges included in the Travel Prize, insurance, travel insurance, passports and visas (if applicable). The winner and their companion (if any) must obtain travel insurance at the cost and responsibility of the winner and their companion (if any) before taking the Travel Prize. Winner may be required to present a credit card at time of accommodation check-in.
23. The Travel Prize winner is solely responsible for their entry and the entry of their companion (if any) into Paris, France, at their own expense, including ensuring all necessary passports, visas, travel authorisations, medical advice and recommended vaccinations and immunisations have been obtained prior to travel and, if required, on or by a date nominated by the Promoter. Failure to do so may result in the Travel Prize being forfeited.
24. Taking the Travel Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of any accommodation/transport/services/transfers/travel insurance or tour providers, and in particular, health, behaviour, age and safety requirements. No compensation will be payable if the winner or their companion (if any) are unable to use any element of the Travel Prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of entry or departure into or out of Paris, France or participation in certain activities for health, age, behaviour or safety reasons. Any part of the Travel Prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Travel Prize winner’s companion (if any) produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the companion’s (if any) identity and age before issuing the Travel Prize.
26. Promotional Quarters 2, 3 and 4: The entry judged to be the best from all eligible entries received in EACH of Promotional Quarter 2, Promotional Quarter 3 and Promotional Quarter 4 will each win one (1) ASUS laptop or tablet of the latest model released in the relative Promotional Quarter as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion, valued at $799RRP each (each, an Asus Prize). All costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of the Asus Prizes, are the responsibility of the winners. Such additional costs include, but are not limited to, Internet connection, data plans, software and applications not provided with the Asus Prizes as part of standard retail sale (if applicable).
27. It is a condition of accepting an Asus Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
28. Total maximum prize pool value is up to $13,647.00. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Some or all Asus Prizes are yet to be released and the recommended retail price of the Asus Prizes may vary from that stated. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST (depending on point of departure for the Travel Prize).
29. If any prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a similar prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu.
30. As a condition of participating in this promotion, a Participant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Participant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Participant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Participant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
31. The Promoter may award a prize to the next best judged entry within ten (10) days of judging for a Promotional Quarter in order to award the prize if unclaimed by that time. The unclaimed prize winner(s) (if any) will be notified in writing and published on the eLearning Website. All reasonable steps to notify the unclaimed prize winner(s) (if any) of the results of the judging will be taken by the Promoter. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. Any costs associated with accessing the eLearning Website remain the responsibility of each Participant and may vary depending on the Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier used.
33. The use of any automated registration, claim or entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows a Participant to automatically register, participate, earn points, claim or enter a judging repeatedly is prohibited and will render all registrations, claims and/or entries submitted by that Participant invalid.
34. Participants can only register in their own name. Participants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all claims and/or entries of a Participant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Participant produce (within the requested time) appropriate identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Participant’s identity, eligibility to register and claim a Reward and/or a prize, and any information submitted by the Participant before allowing the Participant to earn or redeem points or issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or a Participant, claim or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, then any points earned by the Participant will not be eligible to count toward a Reward or all entries of that Participant will be ineligible and deemed invalid (as applicable). Rewards and prizes will only be awarded following any validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all registrations, claims and entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Participant for: (a) tampering with the registration, claim and/or entry process; (b) submitting a registration, claim and/or entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Participant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
36. Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the eLearning Website or the information on the eLearning Website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by a Participant, the Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
37. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative Reward(s) or prize(s) to the same value as an original Reward(s) or prize(s).
38. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged registrations, Reward or prize claims or Rewards or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any Reward or prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all Reward and prize warranty claims.
40. By participating in the promotion, a Participant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of the personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact Participants in the future with information on special offers or provide Participants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS, MMS or email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies and promotional partners who may contact Participants with special offers in this way. By participating, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use the Participant’s personal information in the manner set out in this condition.
41. Promoter: ASUS AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED (ABN 81 148 073 858) of PO Box 1820, Macquarie Shopping Centre, North Ryde NSW 2213.